How to apply
You can reach one of our trained specialists Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern time via telephone, TTY, e-mail or by mail as follows:
Memorial Grant Program for First Responders
116 Albert St., Suite #1000
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G3
What information is required to support an application?
We will help you identify the documents needed to apply. While individual circumstances vary, we generally require the following:
- an application form indicating the identity of the first responder, the identity of the applicant, and the relationship between them;
- an attestation from the first responder’s organization confirming the duties of the first responder;
- any medical records or reports necessary to confirm the injury/illness and cause of death of the first responder;
- a certified copy of the death certificate; and
- any other documents to support the application as necessary.